Channel Eye has joined forces with Royston Guest, leading Business Growth Coach and CEO/Founder of Pathways Global, in our column, ‘Ask the Business Coach’
Feeling overwhelmed can put you in a state of analysis paralysis where despite your best intentions, you end up doing nothing, or you focus your time and energy on things you can do but shouldn’t be doing.
Feeling overwhelmed can creep on you like a dark shadow. But it doesn’t have to be that way if you know the chunking process.
The big three takeaways!
- Overwhelm is real, especially at the start of a new year.
- Adopt the process of chunking.
- A key question to ask: What three things will move the needle today?
- [1.13] Overwhelm is real, especially when you set BHAG goals – those goals that are BIG, HAIRY and AUDACIOUS.
- [2.33] It’s not about lowering your bar in terms of what you want to achieve; it’s about how you make it real and break it into bite-sized chunks. It’s the process of chunking.
- [2.51] Take your yearly goals and chunk them down into what you want to achieve each quarter. Then, take your quarter goals and chunk them into monthly goals, take those monthly goals, and chunk them into weekly and even daily goals.
- [3.35] Ask yourself; What three things are going to move the needle today? Hone in on the three things that will make the difference today; what are the three most critical, high important, big rock things I am going to achieve today.
Do you have a question for the Business Coach?
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org