Channel Eye has joined forces with Royston Guest, leading Business Growth Coach and CEO/Founder of Pathways Global, in our column, ‘Ask the Business Coach’
Winning behaviours focus on excellence in action and are the model standard of best practice; derailing behaviours raise conscious awareness of the behaviours that you will not accept.
The big three takeaways!
- ‘No player is bigger than the club’.
- It’s not just about what you deliver; it’s about how you deliver it.
- There should be no ambiguity about what your standards are.
- [0.30] Alex Ferguson, previous manager of Manchester United, had a philosophy which said that ‘no player is bigger than the club’.
- [1.37] You have to define your culture; what are your values, your expected standards and behaviours, what is acceptable and not.
- [2.11] If you have an individual who is clear on your standards, have had performance conversations with them and are not buying into your performance culture, then they have to go.
- [2.38] A toxic culture has a detrimental effect on other team members, customers, and you – as the leader who should be dealing and managing the individual.
Do you have a question for the Business Coach?
Send your questions to email@example.com