Channel Eye joins forces with Royston Guest, leading Business Growth Coach and CEO/Founder of Pathways Global, in our new weekly column, ‘Ask the Business Coach’
When they think about growth, most business owners think about growing their revenue, growing their profitability, or increasing the number of employees in their business. But it’s more than that…you’ve got to grow just to be able to standstill.
Listen to this episode to find out why!
The big three takeaways!
- You have to grow just to be able to standstill.
- If you’re not growing as a leader, you will be behind the curve in your business. Businesses don’t grow on their own; leaders grow businesses.
- Your business growth and your personal growth are parallel pathways; you need to work on them together.
- [2.00] You have to grow to stand still; you have to compensate for your attrition of customers, compensate for lack of customer spend, and inflationary costs. What is your growth plan to keep you just standing still?
- [2.45] Growth is not just about growing your business; it’s also about you growing as an individual. If you’re not growing as a leader, you will be behind the curve in your business.
- [3.40] The day you stop learning is the day you stop earning. What is your personal growth plan?
- [5.50] To take your business to the next level may require you to learn a new skillset or adopt a new mindset. Your business growth and your personal growth have to be worked on together; they are parallel pathways.
To support the launch of the Ask the Business Coach column, Royston will give away 25 signed copies of his book Built to Grow to the first 25 people who submit a question. You can email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org