The Legal 500 directory has recognised 27 Appleby lawyers from the group’s Guernsey, Jersey and Isle of Man offices.
Offshore law firm Appleby has secured top tier rankings and been praised for having ‘great coverage across the offshore markets with high quality lawyers’ in the 2023 edition of The Legal 500 UK.
A leading directory for the legal industry, The Legal 500 ranks law firms and lawyers following a thorough and independent research process which includes feedback from 300,000 clients, private practice lawyers and in-house peers as well as the assessment of a law firm’s own deals and confidential matters.
As the only offshore law firm with a presence in all three Crown Dependencies, Appleby gained notable rankings across the Group’s Guernsey, Jersey and Isle of Man offices, including top tier positions in Banking, Finance and Capital Markets; Commercial Property; Corporate and Commercial; Dispute Resolution; Employment; Gambling; Insurance and Pensions; and Shipping and Aviation.
Four of the Group’s lawyers feature in The Legal 500 Hall of Fame, which is reserved for law firm partners who are at the pinnacle of the profession and have received constant praise by their clients for continued excellence. In addition, a further 23 Appleby lawyers have been recognised as either ‘leading individuals’, ‘next generation partners’ or ‘rising stars’.
Further client feedback cited within the directory includes the Isle of Man corporate practice being described as ‘incredibly responsive and knowledgeable’, while Appleby Jersey is ‘known as one of the leading disputes practices in Jersey, especially in the field of trusts litigation’. In Guernsey, the dispute resolution team is considered to have ‘unparalleled experience of Guernsey financial services law and specifically its application to firms and senior managers’.
The Group’s individual rankings are as follows:
Hall of Fame
- Fraser Robertson (Partner) Dispute Resolution
- Andrew Weaver (Partner) Investment Funds
Isle of Man
- Mark Holligon (Office Managing Partner) Dispute Resolution
- Charles Davies (Partner) Dispute Resolution
- Jeremy Berchem (Office Managing Group Partner) Banking and Finance
- Richard Sheldon (Group Partner) Employment
- Stuart Tyler (Partner) Corporate and M&A
- Anthony Williams (Partner) Dispute Resolution
- James Gaudin (pictured) (Office Managing Partner) Capital Markets
Isle of Man
- Simon Harding (Partner) Banking and Finance
- Claire Milne WS (Partner) Gambling
- Caren Pegg (Partner) Dispute Resolution, Employment
- Kyle Sutherland (Partner) Banking, Finance and Capital Markets; Corporate and Commercial; Shipping and Aviation
- Juan Thornley (Partner) Corporate and Commercial
Next Generation Partners
- Richard Field (Partner) Dispute Resolution
- Jared Dann (Partner) Dispute Resolution
- Christophe Kalinauckas (Partner) Banking and Finance; Capital Markets
Isle of Man
- Tom Brook (Partner) Banking, Finance and Capital Markets; Corporate and Commercial
- Garry Manley (Partner) Corporate and Commercial
- Claire Corkish (Counsel) Dispute Resolution
- Kevin McQuillan (Partner) Banking and Finance; Corporate and Commercial
Isle of Man
- Michelle Brook (Counsel) Insurance and Pensions
- Eleanor Harding (Counsel) Banking, Finance and Capital Markets; Shipping and Aviation
- Keira Gore (Counsel) Employment
- Alexandra Dernie (Senior Associate) Commercial Property
- Erin Trimble-Cregeen (Senior Associate) Dispute Resolution
- Melissa Wong (Senior Associate) Private Client, Trusts and Tax