Apex Group will provide its single-source solution, on a pro-bono basis, to Greater Share, an innovative philanthropic investment platform working to close the education gap and enact measurable change on children’s lives across the globe.
The Group will deliver Corporate Services, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency and Banking Services to Greater Share through Apex Group and its subsidiaries including EDB, management company FundRock and capital introduction platform, Profilir.
Greater Share aims to harness the investment expertise of the world’s top performing private equity funds and highest impact NGOs to solve complex global challenges. The Greater Share fund-of-funds model will leverage the flagship strategies of top quartile investment firms which invest across a wide range of fund types, sectors, and geographies.
This model will create a multiplier effect on donations, providing eight selected NGOs with long term unrestricted funding to scale their impact, reach millions more children and reshape education systems. The education-focused NGOs which have been chosen as beneficiaries of Greater Share Education Fund are:
- aeioTU – transforming communities through developing children’s potential in innovative and sustainable ways in Latin America.
- CAMFED – providing opportunities for women and girls in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Kaivalya – building the motivation and capacity of education system leaders in India.
- KIPP – operating a network of high-quality public charter schools in financially under-resourced communities in the US.
- London Early Years Foundation providing access to high quality, affordable early childhood education and care.
- The National Institution for Student Success – increasing college attainment while reducing equity gaps in the US.
- Teach for All – developing collective leadership to ensure all children can fulfil their potential.
- West London Zone – supporting children and young people in the UK to build the relationships and skills to thrive in adulthood.
Peter Hughes (pictured), Founder and CEO, Apex Group comments: “Our purpose as a business is to drive positive change for a more sustainable, inclusive and responsible future. Education and social mobility are issues which impact every society and the scope for change is vast.
“We jumped at the opportunity to support Greater Share with our single-source solution, which offers all the services needed under one roof to allow Greater Share to focus on allocating capital and generating returns to drive equity and fund change through education.”
Paul Fletcher, Chair of the Board of Greater Share, further comments: “Greater Share is more than just an innovative model for funding individual organisations – it’s an ambition to build an entirely new vision for how we can deliver education globally with greater impact.
“Greater Share provides a unique opportunity for investors to impact the lives of children across the globe. Apex Group has long shown its commitment to driving positive change as a responsible corporate citizen, and their support will ensure we are able to efficiently deploy capital, report to our investors and manage capital with the highest levels of compliance and transparency.”
This announcement is the latest in a series of commitments by Apex Group to drive positive change in the societies and environments in which it operates, including becoming the first financial services firm to offset its lifetime carbon emissions, sustainability partnerships with Cricket West Indies and Eden Reforestation Projects as well as the launch of its own Women’s Accelerator Program to drive equity for female progression in financial services.