The 2022 IoD Jersey Director of the Year Awards are open and the organisation is calling for nominations in ten categories that reflect the core values of the IoD and the Island.
The Awards, sponsored by Appleby Jersey, are an opportunity to recognise the directors of organisations small and large, who are helping to lead their teams through the fall-out of Covid and the current economic difficulties. It will culminate in the black-tie awards ceremony on November 24th.
The 10 Award categories are:
- Director of the Year – Large Business (over £10 million turnover) sponsored by Jersey Post
- Director of the Year – SME Business (under £10 million turnover) sponsored by Law at Work
- Family Business Director of the Year sponsored by JJ Fox Trading Limited
- Start-up Director of the Year sponsored by Butterfield
- Third Sector Director of the Year sponsored by Lloyds Bank International
- Public Sector Director of the Year
- Young Director of the Year sponsored by PraxisIFM
- Director of the Year – Equality, Diversity & Inclusion sponsored by Highvern
- Director of the Year – Sustainability sponsored by Jersey Water
- Non-Executive Director of the Year sponsored by Club NED
IoD Jersey Chair, Natasha Egré said: “The IoD Awards are an opportunity to showcase the leadership we have in Jersey, not just those who increase prosperity, but also those who inspire their teams, and bring social benefit to us all.
“We are facing some challenging years on a number of different fronts: global warming, rising costs and supply chain issues, the threat of war in Europe, and these all come on the back of a tough few years following the pandemic. We need good leaders now, more than ever, and we should be celebrating those who are stepping up to the plate.”
The judges will be: Kevin Keen (Former CEO, Jersey Post, non-exec Chairman at Jersey Water, CEO JSPCA, non-exec Visit Jersey and Co-founder Leadership Jersey), Heather MacCallum (former partner with KMPG Channel islands and now non-exec with Jersey Water), Dan Hare (Founder, Continuum), Helen Hatton (Former Deputy DG of the JFSC and consultant with BDO), Kate Wright (Co-founder of the Diversity Network), Kate Nutt (DG, Ministry of External Relations, Govt of Jersey), and Chris Ambler (CEO Jersey Electricity).
Following the independent and confidential judging process, a short list will be produced, and the winners announced at the Royal Yacht black-tie event on Thursday 24th November. Long-term headline gold sponsor, Appleby Jersey, are once again supporting the awards, with silver sponsors, Jersey Post and Lloyds Bank International.
Appleby Jersey Managing Partner, James Gaudin said: “At Appleby we value authentic, strong leadership. We have been sponsoring the IoD Jersey Branch Director of the Year Awards since their inception and over the last twelve months have been shining a spotlight on the leadership stories of the 2021 Award winners to help emerging leaders in Jersey learn from their experiences and successes. We are delighted to partner with the IoD team on the awards again this year.”
- Nominations close on August 12th.
- To nominate someone for an award: Fill out the form online available here or email IoD Jersey branch officer, Zoë Wauton: officer. with their name, job title, company, email and phone number, reason for nominating them, and the category you wish to put them forward for. Or if you would like to nominate yourself, you must complete the application form available here.