The 2022 IoD Jersey Director of the Year Awards winners have been announced.
The sold-out black-tie awards evening was hosted by comedian and impressionist, Jon Culshaw and sponsored by Appleby Jersey, with silver sponsors, Vaiie and Lloyds Bank International.
The Awards celebrate excellent leadership across a range of sectors and organisations in Jersey. Ten categories, plus the discretionary Chair’s Award, were announced on the evening. The event, which sold out months in advance, was held at the Royal Yacht Hotel in the presence of the Chief Minister, Kristina Moore, the Lieutenant-Governor, Vice Admiral Jeremy Kyd, and the Bailiff Timothy Le Cocq.
Attendees were treated to a taster exhibition by Nicholas Romeril prior to dinner. ‘EYES on US’ was the first exhibition Nicholas was involved in as Artist in residence with Wildlife ACT. The conservation NGO saves endangered species in Africa.
During dinner, impressionist Jon Culshaw entertained guests before introducing the Awards. Jon is known for his radio and TV comedy work, including Dead Ringers.
Chair of IoD Jersey, Natasha Egré said: “The Awards honoured eleven inspirational directors and recognised their hard work and excellence. Our thanks go to the judges for their acuity in choosing our winners. I was also pleased to be able to recognise the achievements of IoD Jersey’s former Chair, and Head of Legal and Technical, Jersey Finance, Lisa Springate, in my Chair’s Award this year. Lisa has contributed a tremendous amount to the business community and our Island, which is down to her inspiring and collaborative leadership style and passion to make a difference for Jersey.”
The judges were: Kevin Keen (Chair), Heather MacCallum, Dan Hare, Helen Hatton, Kate Wright, Kate Nutt, and Chris Ambler.
The Winners in the 10 Award categories are:
- Director of the Year – Large Business (sponsored by Ravenscroft) – Paul Murphy (Onogo)
- Director of the Year – SME Business (sponsored by Law at Work) – Chris Le Masurier (Jersey Oyster Co.)
- Family Business Director of the Year (sponsored by JJ Fox Trading Limited) -Gerald Voisin (Voisins)
- Start-up Director of the Year (sponsored by Butterfield) – Rob McCombie (TCA Digital)
- Third Sector Director of the Year (sponsored by Lloyds Bank International) – Donna Abel (Jersey Cheshire Home)
- Public Sector Director of the Year (sponsored by Vaiie) – Amy Taylor (Digital Jersey)
- Young Director of the Year (sponsored by Praxis) – Nathan Nicholls (Switch Digital)
- Director of the Year – Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (sponsored by Highvern) – Julia Warrander (Affinity Private Wealth)
- Director of the Year – Sustainability (sponsored by Jersey Water) – Mark Brandon (SunWorks Ltd)
- Non-Executive Director of the Year (sponsored by Club NED) – Alan Merry (Jersey Post)
- Chair Award – Lisa Springate (Head of Legal and Technical, Jersey Finance)