This year the Jersey Skills Show, organised by Skills Jersey, for the very first time, will be brought to schools and islanders virtually from the 12 to 16 October. The Jersey Skills Show, sponsored by PwC, will bring together over 60 exhibitors from 17 different industry sectors through the Jersey Skills Show website and live industry career sessions.
What can you expect this year?
- More industry resources – at www.jerseyskillsshow.com
- Exhibitor pages – filled with even more unique information about industries, videos, and activities
- Engaging industry videos – featuring behind the scenes tours and insights into various jobs
- Fun downloadable resources – quizzes, activities, competitions and more
- Careers guidance – including CV and interview tips
- School live sessions with industry – students will hear direct from employers in lunch time live sessions and be able to ask questions live
- Live career changer sessions – on Thursday 15 October from 5.30pm. Register for live sessions here.
- Flexibility – the Skills Show website will be available all year round as a career resource
Career changers are invited to join an evening of live industry session, on Thursday 15 October from 5.30pm, from leading local experts. You can also explore the Jersey Skills Show website by browsing the industry sectors that interest you and watching insightful videos to help you find your next steps on your career journey.
Schools will be scheduling in research time on Jersey Skills Show website where students will have the chance to watch engaging industry videos, take part in quizzes, activities and live industry sessions during lunch hours. All designed to give students the opportunity to explore skills, careers and further education across a wide variety of industries and jobs to help them plan for the next stage of their future whether it be for work or study.
Live career changer session – 15 October 2020 from 5.30pm until 7.30pm
- Careers Guidance: How we can support you! This will be an informative session that gives an overview of the Careers Guidance Team at Skills Jersey and what support is available for adults who are looking to either kick start or change their career
- Ink Blot Creative: 33 years, 2 careers, 1 business – The transferable skills I used along the way During this talk Jacqui Patton will be sharing the transferable skills she has relied on during her(very different) careers, and how that career has led to starting her own business.
- Sandpiper: Exploring careers in retail Sandpiper discuss the diverse and unique career paths within retail that include a variety of sectors from marketing, finance, technology, human resources, to sales and management.
- Geek Talent: Skills of tomorrow – The skills landscape Dominic Murphy, founder of Geek Talent will share the top jobs and skills most in demand in Jersey and the wider UK job market. You will discover how automation is affecting different job roles and which skills are most in demand to help you stay ahead of AI and automation. Activity sheets will be shared ahead of the session to use before or after the talk to show where you can discover the different paths you can follow to your dream career via the GoCareer platform.