Walking in the air – Jersey Chamber Orchestra
Music of youth, tradition and innovation including the world premiere of Flute Concerto by Jersey composer Derek Lawrence and Walking in the air.
The Jersey Chamber Orchestra performs music of youth, tradition and innovation conducted by celebrated maestro Eamonn Dougan.
The concert includes the world premiere of the Flute Concerto by Jersey composer Derek Lawrence, and performed by Cosimo Dhami-Hounsome, winner of the 2021 Jersey Young Flautists Competition, and Walking in the Air by Jonathan Mews, a music scholar at the world famous St John’s Choir, Cambridge. The event is sponsored by UBS and Sigma.
- Ralph Vaughan Williams – Fantasia on Greensleeves
- Derek Lawrence – Flute concerto (world premiere)
- Gustav Holst – St Paul’s Suite – Jig, Ostinato, Intermezzo, & Finale (The Dargason)
- Claude Debussy – Three movements from Children’s Corner – The Snow is Dancing, The Little Shepherd & Painted Doll
- Maurice Ravel – Pavane
- Edward Elgar – The Serious Doll (from Nursery Suite)
- Howard Blake – Walking in the Air (from The Snowman)
- Ralph Vaughan Williams English Folk Song Suite – Seventeen Come Sunday, My bonny boy & Songs from Somerset
Doors open at 7.30pm. Appropriate Covid precautions will be kept.