Platinum Jubilee Community Fete
On Saturday 4th June, the Platinum Jubilee Community Fete will be held in the grounds of Government House. The afternoon event will include family entertainment, children’s activities, a Jubilee Tea Tent, and live music with performances from Belles and Broomstick, Kirsty and George, The Wright Singers and GATE.
From 5.30pm the build-up to the broadcast of the Party at the Palace on the big screen will begin with the Guernsey Concert Band performing music from Baroque to Big Band and professional singer Poppy Neame with a selection of music from musical theatre, opera and traditional flag waving Proms favourites.
Poppy is the granddaughter of Lieutenant General Sir Philip Neame who was Guernsey’s Governor from 1945-52.
Guernsey Concert Band performance with a programme of music from Baroque to Big Band.
Poppy Neame sings flag waving favourites followed by the BBC coverage of the Platinum Party at the Palace on the big screen.
Granddaughter of former Governor (1945-1952) Lieutenant General Sir Philip Neame and professional singer, Poppy Neame, will perform a selection of pieces from musical theatre, opera and traditional flag waving Proms favourites. This will be followed by the live BBC coverage of the Platinum Party at the Palace on the big screen featuring global stars Alicia Keys, Duran Duran, Sam Ryder, Sir Rod Stewart, Hans Zimmer, Celeste, Sir Elton John with Queen + Adam Lambert to open the concert and Diana Ross to close the show.
- Bars will open at 6pm Little Big Brew Co/Ben Hunter’s Bar with a commemorative Jubilee cocktail/Wine & Prosecco Bar.
- If you are fortunate enough to look under 25 please bring ID with you. Wristbands will be issued at the gate.
- Please do not bring alcohol to the venue.
- Food will be available to purchase from Atan, Mims and Griffs van so please do support our local food stalls’
- Seating, you are welcome to sit anywhere within the event area, chairs will be available to sit where you like, but please do feel free to bring your own chairs and blankets.
- The event is in the grounds of Government House only and their will be no access to the private residence of Government House.
- Parking is available at Beechwood school but spaces are limited so please consider travelling by public transport, cycling or walking.
- A number of blue badge parking spaces will be available, please contact email@example.com to book your space.
- Printed and downloaded digital tickets will need to be presented at the gate.