Marc’s walk in aid of Brighter futures
Marc’s walk is a celebration of the life of Marc Nieuwberg who died of bone cancer at the age of 19 in 2006.
Organised by his amazing dad Willy, it is also an opportunity to discover the beauty of rural Jersey whilst enjoying the benefits of exercising in nature. This year, the Walk will take place on Sunday 17th July 2022.
Brighter Futures is honoured to be the charity for which Willy and those supporting the Walk are raising funds and we are so grateful to Willy for choosing us.
Who better than Willy to tell us more about the walk, which is now in its 12th year?
- “This year is the 12th anniversary of MARC’s WALK and for this occasion I have created one of my very best routes.
- To celebrate I have baked a cake which shows the ingredients of the walk, so why not have your cake and walk it?
- The full route is 13 miles with a 7 mile and 3 mile start option for those who are less fit. No registrations – just turn up on the day. As usual I will provide a detailed route plan and the route will be marked too.
Water will be supplied and a free bus to the start opposite Jersey Pearl will leave the station at 07.45. (one way).
- As the walk finishes at the same place as the start there are plenty of opportunities for coffee, tea afterwards etc. An ice cream van is always on site in the car park too.
- Please wear orange as it is bright and cheerful. Also it is the colour of my preferred charity Brighter futures. I promise this will be a BRILLIANT FUN WALK!”
Please do support Willy and Brighter Futures to raise funds, but importantly to remember Marc, enjoy the great route that Willy has chosen – and to celebrate life. Thank you.