Isle of Man Data Protection Conference
The Islands Data Governance Forum and BCS Isle of Man will be hosting their first joint data protection conference with an engaging headline conference featuring local experts and renowned off-island keynote speakers.
Data Protection is a team game, in which everyone has a part to play. From the headline speakers to the least technical in the audience – this event will teach all something new.
Where will it be held?
Join us in person in Isle of Man at Les Woodbourn House. We also aim to provide a remote option for off-island attendees who are unable to travel. Please note that capacity both in person and online is limited, so we recommend signing up as early as possible.
What is the schedule and who are the speakers?
- 08:30 – 09:00 – Registration and networking
- 08:55 – 09:00 – Attendees to take their seats
- 09:00 – 09:20 – Introductory address Kurt Roosen, Chair of Isle of Man BCS Section & BCS Council Member, Head of Innovation for the Isle of Man Government Digital Agency
- Subject: “Data, Data all around and not a drop to sync”
- 09:20 – 10:30 – Laura Van Gompel, Lawyer in Belgian and Mexican Law specialised in data protection and contracts at Van Gompel Advocaten (VGA)
- Subject: “Difficulties and leap holes in complying with GDPR with an overview of cases.”
- 10:30 – 10:45 – Networking and break
- 10:45 – 11:15 – Panel Discussion
- Subject: “What are the keys to collaboration across the islands?”
- Moderator: Kurt Roosen,
- Panellists: Steph Luce, Head of Legal and Governance for Jersey Cyber Security Centre; Callie Loveridge, Head of Data Protection for State of Guernsey;
- 11:15 – 11:45 – Fred Meyer, Fractional CTO
- 11:45 – 12:20 – Subject: “Government and Protection of its Citizens Rights”
- 12:20 – 12:45 – Stewart Haynes, Interim Information Commissioner, Subject: “Insight 2 months into the role, priorities and roadmap.”
- 12:45 – 13:15 -Regulatory Panel Discussion,
- Subject: “How does AI fit into Data Regulation”.
- Moderator: Kurt Roosen
- Panellists: Stewart Haynes, Interim Information Commissioner for Isle of Man, Emma Martins, Data Protection Commissioner for the Bailiwick of Guernsey; Bradley Tosso, Information Rights Director, Gibraltar Regulatory Authority; Paul Vane, Information Commissioner for Jersey
- 13:15 – 14:00 – Networking and Lunch
- 14:00 – 14:40 – Key note
- Subject: The role of ethics and professionalism in building thinking systems.
- 14:40 – 15:15 – Subject: The history and future of data intelligence
- 15:15 – 15:30 – Networking and break
- 15:30 – 16:00 – Subject Blockchain – the good the bad and the ugly.
- 16:30 – 17:00 – David Carney, Director of Risk and Assurance, Grant Thornton
- 17:00 – 17:15 – Closing remarks