Island walk, Jersey
2022 will be the 31st Around the Island Walk – the premier Island walk continuing the great tradition of what has become one of the Island’s largest one-day fund raising events.
The tough and hard walk is a stark contrast with the beauty of the route that passes along Jersey’s beautiful coastline, sandy beaches, dramatic cliffs and stunning countryside. The event is split into 3 categories:
- Main Walk (48 miles) – for those who relish the physical challenge. Starts from Elizabeth Harbour Ferry Terminal at the Waterfront at 03.00
- Lieutenant Governor’s Challenge (13 miles) – ideal for those with young families, or less of an appetite to conquer all 48.1 miles at once. In 2022, this starts from Les Fontaines at 10:00
- Relay (48 miles) – for teams of 4 to take on the main walk. Starts from Elizabeth Harbour Ferry Terminal at the Waterfront at 03.00
The gruelling nature of the walk is what sets it apart from other charity events and why over the years more than 28,000 participants have raised £2.6 million with every penny raised by walkers being distributed to local charities.
Early bird registration is open until 28th February:
- Early Bird – £52.50
- Standard (after 28th February) – £60
- Early Bird – £ 45
- Standard (after 28th February) – £ 55
Relay (4 People)
- Early Bird – £42.5 each
- Standard (after 28th February) – £50 each