Channel Islands data protection forum inaugural conference
Inviting you to join us at Les Cotils Centre, Guernsey for our inaugural Channel Islands Data Protection Forum Conference
08:30– 09:00 Registration open and networking
09:00 – 09:30 Welcome
- Richard Field, Partner dispute resolution Appleby (P)
- Roundup of enforcement decisions on the Islands.
09:30 – 10:00 Kurt Roosen, Head of Innovation Digital Isle of Man (P)
- Plugging the holes, the anatomy of a breach.
10:00 – 10:30 JP Buckley, Partner DWF Law LLP (V)
- Is CCTV legal?
10:30 – 11:00 Joh Harvey, founder of the RAW store and Bruce McDougall, Director Black Arrow Cyber Consulting (P)
- What I learned when my small business was attacked last year.
11:00 – 11:30 Break and networking
11:30 – 12:00 Interview (P) – Douglas Melville, Principal Ombudsman & Chief Executive at Channel Islands Financial Ombudsman and David Carney Director Grant Thornton Limited Channel Islands
- Why does data quality matter?
12:00 – 12:30 Emma Martins, Data Protection Commissioner for Bailiwick of Guernsey (P)
- Why Regulation doesn’t work and what we all need to do about it.
12:30- 13:00 Panel Discussion How do you do Data Protection by Design effectively?
- Clare Paterson, Director CP Data Protection (Chair)(V)
- Panelists to be confirmed shortly
13:00– 14:00 Lunch and networking
14:00 – 14:45 Melanie Garson, Cyber Policy Lead, The Tony Blair Global Institute (V) and Natalia Ospina, Senior Policy Analyst at the Tech for Development Policy Unit (V)
- Securing Today for a Safe Tomorrow: Towards Resilient Data Ecosystems Dare to Share?
14:45 – 15:15 Kathryn Brooks, Privacy Officer, Cambridge Education Group (V)
- Women in Privacy: Celebrating industry professionals’ success and showcasing the benefits of pursuing a career in privacy.
15:15 – 15:45 Panel Discussion – How do we embed a data protection culture?
- Tash Whitaker, Whitaker Solutions Ltd (Chair)(V)
- Eleanor Dowsett, Data Protection Officer, Best Companies (V)
- Kathryn Brooks Privacy Officer, Cambridge Education Group(V)
- Callie Loveridge, Head of Data Protection States of Guernsey (P)
15:45 – 16:00 Break and networking
16:00 – 16:40 Panel Discussion (P) – What is trust when it comes to data?
- Kurt Roosen, Head of Innovation Digital Isle of Man (P) (Chair)
- David Cartwright, CISO and Head of Technology Operations & Risk Information Technology (P)
- Iain McDonald, Isle of Man’s Information Commissioner (V)
- Emma Martins, Data Protection Commissioner for Bailiwick of Guernsey (P)
16:40 – 17:00 Fred Meyer (P)
- Technical Solutions for Data Protection
17:00 – 17:10 Closing
V=Virtual attendance P=Physical attendance
Please Note: Attendance at this event is completely free, including refreshments, however due to cost of delivering the event (hotel, catering, AV facilities) a £25 charge will be payable for those with physical attendance tickets who do not attend or cancel at less than 24 hours notice.