Alderly Care: Volunteering with Jersey Trees for Life
We’re looking for a team of up to eight volunteers to help out with some clearing and maintenance work at the Alder Collection in St Brelade on Friday 23 February. It’ll be a short session of 90 minutes, starting at 1.30pm. Ideal for anyone who doesn’t want to overdo it!
Our objective will be to repair the storm-damaged dead hedge and clear the area of invasive plant species.
We’ll meet at 1.30pm at the entrance to the Alder Collection on Mont Nicolle in St Brelade. If you’re coming from St Aubin, turn right at the big bend just before the ‘Shell House’ and it’s just a short distance away, on the left, at the top of Mont Nicolle. Limited parking is available close by, on the road.
If you have any problems finding us on the day, please call Alex on 07797 774676.
For those joining us, please bear in mind the following:
- You must have completed a volunteer agreement (link in confirmation email)
- Please ensure you wear waterproof footwear (preferably wellies)
- You may get tired, so take it at your own pace
- Bring snacks and drinks to maintain energy levels
- We provide all equipment but please bring gloves
- Ask questions and have fun!
Jersey Trees for Life hosts open volunteering sessions at Val de la Mare Arboretum on the first Friday of every month. We also host sessions like this at shorter notice, so keep an eye out!
Our thanks go to Coinshares, actively involved sponsors of the Alder Collection.